Rebekah has been working in the design industry since 2004. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Champlain College with a degree in Multimedia and Graphic Design. She worked in Public Television doing graphic design and video production for four years, and won an award for a documentary. She then worked in Education Publishing for two years, doing book layout and web development. In 2012, Rebekah started freelancing; working with local entrepreneurs and small business to create brand, marketing materials, social media presence and cutting edge websites.
- Contractor, Freelancer & Temp: Nov. 2009 - Present
- Portland Phoenix, Graphic Designer: March 2016 - Present
Present Responsible for overall design and brand. Design cover and format editorial content. Coordinate with editors, graphics and ads to build paper in Indesign and send to printer.
- Freelancer: March 2012 - Present
Engage with clients to establish brand, design and create new media content including print materials and website. Assist in creating marketing and SEO strategies. Clients include: Klein Design, Harborside Counseling Services, Inner Source Wellness, Peg Hurley Dawson, The Dog Nanny.
- Media Equipment Manager, Gordon College: Sept. 2010 - June 2011
Managed care, and reservations of all video equipment, computers and software for the Communications Department. Lectured and trained students in video composition and care of cameras in workshops for film classes.
- Contractor, American Graphics Institute:
June 2010 - Feb. 2011
Print Layout & Web Design: Updated website with new content; did layout for print books on Adobe and Microsoft software in InDesign. Tested and edited content.
- Research Assistant, Hawaii Coral Reef Initiative: Dec. 2009 - May 2010
Print Layout: Oversaw and edited print layout of a curriculum on oceanography for children; formatted graphics and input hard-copy edits in InDesign.
- Beverly Community Access Media: April 2006 - Oct. 2009
- Studio Associate: Oct. 2006 - Oct. 2009
Managed and programmed two cable channels, engineered audio/video structures, produced in-studio and on-location television shows, edited video, and taught member classes on production. Organized and developed member production events and assisted in community outreach with the Executive Director.
- Office Manager: April 2006 - Oct. 2006
Developed the website, and designed all print and digital materials. Managed the office, which included memberships, reservations and assisting the bookkeeper.
- Producer, Bar Band Productions: 2007 - 2009
Produced a television show featuring local and indie bands as a volunteer project.
- Specialist, Apple Retail:
March 2008 - Sept. 2008 in Peabody, MA & Dec. 2009 - Feb. 2010 in Kahala, HI
Completed Apple training, educated buyers on products, did technical troubleshooting, and maintained client relations.
- Assistant Media Services Coordinator, Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary: March 2006 - Aug. 2006:
Video production and editing. Maintenance and trouble shooting of audio/video equipment.
- Technical Director, Graphics Editor, and Videographer, The Resort Sports Network: May 2005 - Feb. 2006
Directed a live, two-hour morning show, and was a videographer for local events.
- Videographer, Editor, Designer, Madison TV: Aug. 2005 - Feb. 2006
Edited programs, videographer for events, A/V troubleshooting, logo design, and marketing strategies.
- Intern, The Mount Washington Observatory: May 2004 - Aug. 2004
Designed advertisements for the magazine publication, "Windswept".
- Mac Lab Assistant: Sep. 2003 - April 2005
Provided technical support and reservations for student using the Mac labs, A/V and Camera equipment.
Champlain College, Burlington, VT
Multimedia and Graphic Design, 2003 – 2005, Associates of Science - Magna Cum Laude
- Film & Video Production
- Web Design & Development
- Print Design & Layout
- Digital Design and 2D Animation
- Cable Programming
- Video Server Management
- Project Management and Training
- Office Management
- Customer Service and Sales
- Final Cut Studio
- Premiere Pro
- Microsoft Office